The COVID-19 (CV19) pandemic presents employers with unique challenges. As employers develop return to work strategies, many are looking for solutions. Sonora Quest Laboratories has developed a portfolio of laboratory testing and services to assist you.
- Signs and symptoms may appear anytime from 2 – 14 days after exposure to the virus. Those with new infections will not know they are spreading the virus.
- 25%-50% of individuals diagnosed with CV19 are asymptomatic.
- Presence of the CV19 antibodies may not imply immunity. Presence of the antibody means there is a higher chance of immunity and a lower chance of spreading the disease or reacquiring the virus. People with the antibody may still spread the virus.
- According to the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), mandatory testing is permitted while CV19 remains a “direct threat.”
Sonora Quest Laboratories Employer Solutions, CV19 Portfolio of Testing and Services
Sonora Quest’s CV19 PCR to diagnose the disease and Antibody testing, also known as serology, have been authorized by the FDA under Emergency Use Authorization (EUA).
Sonora Quest’s EuroImmun (Antibody Test)
Sensitivity ≥21 days: 100%
Specificity ≥21 days: 98.5-99%
Employer services to facilitate your return to work strategies.
- Customer liaison will be assigned to handle your team’s specific needs
- Streamlined lab ordering
- Mobile Diagnostic Services for on-site testing
Greater access to testing
- Tests can be ordered by a physician or other qualified person or you can use the Arizona Department of Health Services (ADHS) standing order
- 75 Patient Service Centers statewide (PSCs).
- 400 In-office phlebotomists (IOPs).
- 49 CVS locations in Maricopa and Pima Counties.
- On-site specimen collection available for large employer groups utilizing SQL phlebotomists.
- Mobile Diagnostic Services available for collection of swabs for homebound patients.
Analytic reporting for identifying positive and negative results for your team.
Streamlined Electronic Lab Ordering
Managed from start to finish by Sonora Quest Laboratories
Sonora Quest will create lab orders specific for your team members. Once we receive the required employee information and authorization from you, Sonora Quest will enter the orders into our system and orders will be available to your employee’s to access testing.
Access to CV19 Antibody Testing
Sonora Quest has more than 75 Patient Service Centers located throughout the state. Additionally, we have more
than 400 in-office phlebotomists that can collect testing for their patients as well.
Mobile Diagnostic Collection Services for CV19 PCR and CV19 Antibody Testing
Sonora Quest also provides a service to collect swabs for patients who are designated as homebound. A physician must designate the patient as homebound on the order requisition. If Sonora Quest is collecting a swab and antibody testing is also requested, we can perform both at the same time.
On-Site Test Collection Services for both CV19 PCR and CV19 Antibody
Sonora Quest offers on-site test collection services. This service includes Sonora Quest phlebotomy services and testing supplies.
CVS Drive up CV19 PCR collection
49 CVS locations where your team members can access test collections at the drive up pharmacy window. Collection will be observed by a pharmacist.
Sonora Quest can provide sample acknowledgment forms that can be used to gain employee consent for release of results prior to testing.
Analytics and Reporting Through Actionable Insights Management™ (AIM)
Employer Solutions Dashboard provides insights for management of employee population and CV19 testing results.
CV19 Testing Dashboard provides a summary of total patients tested, positivity rates, trends over time, demographics, as well as detailed results for both PCR & Antibody testing.
Sonora Quest will deliver the dashboard and results via encrypted email. Employees will have access to CV19 results, as well as any other results for labs performed at Sonora Quest, through our portal at SonoraQuest.com. Our secure portal uses a 2-step authentication process.
Understanding your employees’ CV19 status can be an integral part of your return to work strategy. For employers interested in customization of reporting, i.e. facility or role level detail, our Employer Dashboard is also available in a HIPAA-secure cloud to provide additional information and insights.
For more information please contact our Sales Support at SQLMarketing@SonoraQuest.com or call 1.800.766.6721, ext. 5285.
COVID-19 Return-to-work testing: General FAQs
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. 2020. Croonavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19). Accessed April 15, 2020 https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
Li-Ping Wu, et.al. Duration of antibody responses after Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome. Emerg Infect Dis. 2007: 13(10);1562- 1564. doi: 10.3201/eid1310.070576