As Arizona's leader in diagnostic information services, Sonora Quest is committed to fast action on emerging health threats for which laboratory testing can provide critical insights aiding response. Please be sure to check this website regularly for any COVID-19 related updates.
- Sonora Quest announced the launch of its qualitative, multi-target, molecular diagnostics testing that uses only one patient sample to aid in the detection of COVID-19, respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) and Influenza. Click here for more information.
- Sonora Quest offers the convenience of co-testing for influenza A and B and other respiratory pathogens in conjunction with testing for SARS-CoV-2. Learn more.
- Sonora Quest Laboratories offers COVID-19 antibody testing. Click here for detailed information.
- We continue to offer diagnostic swab testing for active infection [SARS-CoV-2 RNA (COVID-19), Qualitative, NAAT]. Click here for more information.
COVID-19 carside collections are now available by appointment only at select Sonora Quest Patient Service Centers.
These appointments are for patients that have mild COVID-19 symptoms and/or recent exposure to someone with COVID-19. An order from a healthcare provider or a self-ordered COVID-19 diagnostic test is required.
Additionally, many Sonora Quest locations now offer COVID-19 collections inside the facility. Patients with symptoms must wear a mask for their appointment.
Insurance and demographic information to ensure patient coverage for COVID-19 testing varies based upon the party ordering the test and the insurance status of the patient. Please note, self-ordered testing through My Lab ReQuest for Antibody testing requires pre-payment from the patient prior to services.
Sonora Quest Laboratories is monitoring the situation closely, and is committed to helping you provide the best care for your patients. Our priority is the health and safety of our employees, patients, and the communities we serve.
Collection Instruction Resources
- COVID-19 Testing — Testing for Uninsured Patients — March 2022
- COVID-19 Testing — Billing Update — July 2020
- COVID-19 Testing — Interface Mapping Update — July 2020
- COVID-19 Testing — Specimen Requirement Updates — June 2020
- Healthcare Provider Fact Sheet - RT-PCR
- Healthcare Provider Fact Sheet - Recommended Laboratory COVID-19 Testing Algorithms
- Healthcare Provider Fact Sheet - Hologic
- Healthcare Provider Fact Sheet - PerkinElmer
- Healthcare Provider Fact Sheet - Roche
- Healthcare Provider Fact Sheet - SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) & Influenza A/B, Qualitative, NAAT - Roche
- Healthcare Provider Fact Sheet - Aptima SARS-CoV-2/Flu Assay