As Arizona's leader in diagnostic information services, Sonora Quest is committed to fast action on emerging health threats for which laboratory testing can provide critical insights aiding response. Please be sure to check this website regularly for any COVID-19 related updates.
- Sonora Quest Laboratories offers COVID-19 antibody testing. Click here for detailed information.
- We continue to offer diagnostic swab testing for active infection [SARS-CoV-2 RNA (COVID-19), Qualitative, NAAT]. Click here for more information.
Patients without COVID-19 symptoms and recent exposure to someone with COVID-19 can schedule “COVID-19 – No Symptoms” appointments at most Sonora Quest Patient Service Centers.
Patients with COVID-19 symptoms and recent exposure to someone with COVID-19 are encouraged to contact their healthcare provider. Patients with an order from their healthcare provider for COVID-19 diagnostic testing can locate Arizona testing sites if their healthcare provider is unable to collect their diagnostic sample in their office.
Patients may also request their own COVID-19 Symptoms/Exposure diagnostic test through My Lab ReQuest and follow the steps to schedule an appointment at select Walmart locations for observed self-collection. Participating Walmart locations only serve patients who self-order a COVID-19 symptoms/exposure diagnostic test and schedule an appointment through My Lab ReQuest. Learn more.
Insurance and demographic information to ensure patient coverage for COVID-19 testing varies based upon the party ordering the test and the insurance status of the patient. Please review our COVID-19 (Diagnostic/Antibody) Coverage Matrix for information regarding billing information required and coverage limitations under the different scenarios in which COVID-19 testing may be ordered. Please note, self-ordered testing through My Lab ReQuest for Antibody testing requires pre-payment from the patient prior to services.
Sonora Quest Laboratories is monitoring the situation closely, and is committed to helping you provide the best care for your patients. Our priority is the health and safety of our employees, patients, and the communities we serve.
Collection Instruction Resources
- Clinician collection procedure guide (throat swab specimens)
- Patient collection procedure guide (nasal swab specimens)
- Healthcare Provider Fact Sheet -RT-PCR
- Healthcare Provider Fact Sheet - Recommended Laboratory COVID-19 Testing Algorithms
- Healthcare Provider Fact Sheet - PerkinElmer
- Healthcare Provider Fact Sheet - Hologic
- Healthcare Provider Fact Sheet - Roche
- Healthcare Provider Fact Sheet - SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) & Influenza A/B, Qualitative, NAAT - Roche