Sonora Quest Laboratories' top priority is always the health and safety of our patients, employees, and the communities we serve.
- Sonora Quest Laboratories offers COVID-19 antibody testing. Click here for detailed information.
- We continue to offer diagnostic COVID-19 testing. Please see the information below for details.
- For assistance with determining what test is right for you, please download our COVID-19 testing overview or visit SonoraQuest.com/OrderCovid to learn about options to order your own COVID-19 testing without an order from a healthcare provider. For additional information on testing, please see below.
Important Information for Patients:
Although local mask mandates have been lifted, Sonora Quest Laboratories is committed to the health and safety of its patients, clients and employees and therefore we will continue to adhere to CDC recommendations and follow our existing protocols.
We appreciate your cooperation in ensuring everyone’s safety when visiting a Sonora Quest Patient Service Center
- As we are following CDC guidance, please wear a mask or face covering in our Patient Service Centers
Masks can be made from a variety of fabrics. Here's what to look for when choosing a mask:
- Multiple layers of tightly woven, breathable fabric
- Nose wire
- Mask should block light when held up to bright light source
When visiting our Patient Service Centers, do NOT wear:
- Masks with exhalation valves or vents
- Single layer or masks made of thin fabric that don't block light
- If you do not have a mask, talk to the front desk staff and kindly maintain six feet of distance
- Please avoid bringing minors and guests with you whenever possible. Guests with you that are not minors or needed for support in specimen collection should plan to wait outside of the lobby area in support of safe social distancing.
- If you have a specimen to drop off, take it to the front desk immediately
Frequently Asked Questions Regarding Masking
The State of Arizona does not require us to wear masks anymore, why are you making me wear a mask?
As a leading healthcare provider in the State of Arizona we value the health and safety of both our patients and employees. Additionally, we follow CDC guidelines and the guidance of one of our parent companies, Banner Health, to remain consistent with other health care organizations. Wearing a mask continues to provide the best protection for those of us who are most vulnerable. To protect them, it is and will continue to be a requirement to wear a mask while inside Sonora Quest facilities for the foreseeable future.
The CDC said that vaccinated individuals do not have to wear masks anymore. I have been vaccinated so I shouldn’t have to wear a mask anymore. Why are you making me?
The CDC has relaxed its recommendations for small gatherings between family and friends providing all the individuals have been vaccinated. As we do not know who or who has not been vaccinated, it is the position of the company to protect everyone by continuing to require everyone to be masked while in Sonora Quest facilities.
Information Regarding COVID-19 Testing for Active Infection
On March 20, 2020, Sonora Quest began to provide COVID-19 testing at its main laboratory in Phoenix.
Part of our commitment is to help you get answers to the many questions you have about the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) and to make sure you know that you must go to your doctor for testing, if you have any reason to suspect you have COVID-19.
Who should get tested?
It’s important to reach out to your doctor immediately if you have any reason to suspect you have COVID-19 or are exhibiting signs as stated by the CDC. If COVID-19 testing makes sense for you, your doctor will collect your specimen (for example, nose or throat swab). Your respiratory specimens will then be sent to a lab, such as Sonora Quest, for advanced testing. Your doctor will contact you with your results or you can obtain them through our Patient Results Portal.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends calling your doctor if you:
- Experience symptoms (fever, cough, shortness of breath)
- Have been in close contact with a person with COVID-19
- Have recently traveled from an area with a widespread outbreak
Don’t wait. Early detection means you can take precautions right away to limit the spread of the illness to those around you.
Where to get your sample collected for testing
Specimens can be collected by drive-thru locations, hospitals, physician offices, and clinics. Patients without COVID-19 symptoms and recent exposure to someone with COVID-19 can schedule “COVID-19 – No Symptoms” appointments at most Sonora Quest Patient Service Centers.
How COVID-19 testing works
If COVID-19 testing makes sense for you, your doctor will collect your specimen (for example, nose or throat swab). Your respiratory specimens will then be sent to a lab, such as Sonora Quest, for advanced testing. Your doctor will contact you with your results.
COVID-19 or the flu? Symptoms of COVID-19 mimic the flu, but it’s important to take either illness very seriously. Speak with your doctor to determine if your symptoms call for COVID-19 or flu testing.
Simple steps for prevention
Protect yourself and your loved ones from COVID-19 with simple prevention methods. The CDC recommends that you:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Stay home when you are sick
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces
- Wash your hands often with soap and water