Sonora Quest Laboratories' top priority is always the health and safety of our patients, employees, and the communities we serve.
- Sonora Quest Laboratories offers COVID-19 antibody testing. Click here for detailed information.
- We continue to offer diagnostic COVID-19 testing. Please see the information below for details.
- For assistance with determining what test is right for you, please download our COVID-19 testing overview or visit SonoraQuest.com/OrderCovid to learn about options to order your own COVID-19 testing without an order from a healthcare provider. For additional information on testing, please see below.
Important Information for Patients:
We are screening patients and guests upon check-in for COVID-19 symptoms or exposure. If you have COVID-19 or suspect you have the virus, please avoid visiting our Patient Service Centers for 10-14 days after symptom onset. This change is regardless of vaccination status. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
Patient comfort and safety is a priority for everyone visiting a Sonora Quest Patient Service Center
- As we are following updated CDC guidance, masks or face coverings are now optional and full capacity seating is available inside our Patient Service Centers.
- You may continue to wear a mask at your discretion.
- If you do not have a mask and would like one, please request one from our front desk staff.
- Please avoid visiting our Patient Service Centers if you are exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19. Other options for sample collection are presented below.
- If you prefer to wait where you want and receive a text to come inside when we are ready to serve you, please notify a staff member upon arrival.
- Please avoid bringing minors and guests with you when possible.
Information Regarding COVID-19 Testing for Active Infection
On March 20, 2020, Sonora Quest began to provide COVID-19 testing at its main laboratory in Phoenix.
Part of our commitment is to help you get answers to the many questions you have about the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) and to make sure you know that you must go to your doctor for testing, if you have any reason to suspect you have COVID-19.
Who should get tested?
It’s important to reach out to your doctor immediately if you have any reason to suspect you have COVID-19 or are exhibiting signs as stated by the CDC. If COVID-19 testing makes sense for you, your doctor will collect your specimen (for example, nose or throat swab). Your respiratory specimens will then be sent to a lab, such as Sonora Quest, for advanced testing. Your doctor will contact you with your results or you can obtain them through our Patient Results Portal.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends calling your doctor if you:
- Experience symptoms (fever, cough, shortness of breath)
- Have been in close contact with a person with COVID-19
- Have recently traveled from an area with a widespread outbreak
Don’t wait. Early detection means you can take precautions right away to limit the spread of the illness to those around you.
Where to get your sample collected for testing
Sonora Quest Carside Collection Sites
COVID-19 carside collections are now available by appointment only at select Sonora Quest Patient Service Centers.
These appointments are for patients that have COVID-19 symptoms and/or recent exposure to someone with COVID-19. An order from your healthcare provider or a self-ordered COVID-19 Symptoms/Exposure test is required. Please note that other tests cannot be collected at carside appointments.
If you have an order from your healthcare provider, schedule a carside appointment.
If you do not have an order from your healthcare provider, order your own test and follow the steps to schedule a carside appointment after you complete your order.
Walmart Drive-Thru Collection Sites
Participating Walmart locations only serve patients who self-order a COVID-19 symptoms/exposure diagnostic test AND schedule an appointment through My Lab ReQuest. Learn more.
How COVID-19 testing works
If COVID-19 testing makes sense for you, your doctor will collect your specimen (for example, nose or throat swab). Your respiratory specimens will then be sent to a lab, such as Sonora Quest, for advanced testing. Your doctor will contact you with your results.
COVID-19 or the flu? Symptoms of COVID-19 mimic the flu, but it’s important to take either illness very seriously. Speak with your doctor to determine if your symptoms call for COVID-19 or flu testing.
Simple steps for prevention
Protect yourself and your loved ones from COVID-19 with simple prevention methods. The CDC recommends that you:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Stay home when you are sick
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces
- Wash your hands often with soap and water