Once your blood test is complete, your phlebotomist will remove the needle, clean the area, and place a bandage. Leave the bandage on for at least 20 minutes. Bruising tends to occur and is not abnormal.
- To avoid bruising, here are some things you can do:
- Apply firm pressure once the needle is removed for two minutes
- Don’t bend your arm – this may cause bruising
- Don’t carry anything heavy for several hours after the blood draw
- Wear a top with loose sleeves
- If bruising occurs:
- Apply ice wrapped in a towel or cloth to the area for 15-30 minutes several times a day for the first day
- Warm, moist heat can be used instead of ice after the first day
- If you experience more than minor discomfort after the first day, you may wish to call your physician for advice
Get your results
- You can get your test results in three different ways; choose the most convenient one for you.
- Complete our Authorization to Use or Disclose Protected Health Information form and Email, Mail, or Fax
- Visit our corporate office