Mindfulness is not just meditation, mindfulness is being able to control yourself and increase focus and awareness to be productive and decrease your stress levels at work.
Even when you are passionate about work, there are some instances where it can get the best of you, and you wonder how you can be more productive or purposeful during your day.
We’ve put together some tips to help you be more mindful during your day and enjoy the benefits of just being present.
- Plan Your Day
- List out what you need to accomplish each day, including meetings, and even schedule in your lunch so that you have dedicated time for each task. Also make sure to take periodic breaks to help alleviate stress.
- Make Stress Your Friend
- Sometimes stress is inevitable, especially when you have a big project to work on or a deadline approaching. Use that stress to your advantage and use it as an encouragement to think about how rewarding it will feel once you have completed your work and accomplished your goals.
- Pay Attention to Your Breathing
- While going on about your day pay attention to your breathing, because under pressure, some people tend to hold their breath, which leads to tension. Try to relax your body, and remember to breathe in through your nose, hold it for three seconds and then release it out through your mouth. Paying attention to your breathing can help release stress.
- One Task at a Time
- Multitasking is great, but it can also set your brain into panic mode. Try to set time blocks for each task during the day. It might feel like it’s slowing you down, but in the end you will find you accomplished more during the day.