Protect your patients
We recognize that behind every specimen and result there is a human life - a life whose quality may be improved when pain medications are used as you prescribed. For patients with chronic and recurring pain, opioids not only relieve suffering, but also should support normal daily functioning, alleviate stress and improve sleep. Periodic urine drug testing (UDT) can help you to:
- Monitor your treatment plan
- Detect other nonprescribed pain medication(s)
- Manage pain therapy safety and availability for your patients by assisting with regulatory compliance
- Test for other drugs of abuse (cocaine, methamphetamine, etc.)
A number of opioid medications have been linked to increasing risks of diversion (passing the drug on to others for sale or use), noncompliance and abuse.
Monitor Drug Use
If you oversee patients who take pain medications, especially those whom you suspect may be abusing these substances, how can you meet state and federal regulations yet still provide access to needed pain therapies?
One step you can take is proactive drug treatment monitoring with UDT, which helps to:
- Supplement patient self-reporting with documented lab results
- Identify drug compliance, diversion, or abuse
Sonora Quest Laboratories constantly seeks innovative ways to enhance patient care and provide value to our customers. We provide tools that can help you create an efficient, reliable drug monitoring program. Learn more about our pain management tests & services.