Click here for test information and refer to our extensive FAQs below for additional details.
COVID-19 antibody testing is available with and without a doctor’s order. Order your own COVID-19 antibody test through our My Lab ReQuest direct-to-consumer solution.
Click the images above to download the instructions on antibody collection and testing with and without a doctor's order. The image on the left contains instructions for patients with a doctor's order while the image on the right is instructions on how to order your own COVID-19 antibody testing without a doctor's order or insurance. More information is provided in the FAQs below.
Our Patient Service Centers, excluding locations inside of Safeway stores, are able to serve patients for COVID-19 antibody testing. If you have an order for COVID-19 antibody testing, please schedule an appointment and select the ‘COVID-19 Antibody Testing’ appointment type to select from the locations available to collect the blood sample for this testing. Be sure to bring to your visit: your doctor’s order, insurance card, a mask, and ensure you do not have a fever.
Note: Sonora Quest Patient Service Centers do not collect COVID-19 nasopharyngeal and oropharyngeal (throat) samples. If you have an order for COVID-19 diagnostic swab testing, please contact your healthcare provider for sample collection.
Frequently Asked Questions
General SARS-CoV-2 Antibody Testing
Sonora Quest Antibody Testing
1. Zhao J, et al. Antibody responses to SARS-CoV-2 in patients with novel coronavirus disease 19. Oxford University Press. Accessed April 12, 2020. https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.03.02.20030189v1
2. L Wu, N Wang, Y Chang, et al. Duration of antibody responses after severe acute respiratory syndrome. Emerg Infect Dis. 2007;13(10):1562–1564.
3. United States Food and Drug Administration FAQs on Diagnostics Testing for SARS-CoV-2. Accessed April 20, 2020. https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices/emergency-situations-medical-devices/faqs-diagnostic-testing-sars-cov-2
4. Nebehay S. WHO is investigating reports of recovered COVID patients testing positive again. Reuters. Published April 11, 2020. https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-who/who-says-looking-into-reports-of-some-covid-patients-testing-positive-again- idUSKCN21T0F1?il=0idUSKCN21T0F1?il=0
5. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Interim US guidance for risk assessment and public health management of healthcare personnel with potential exposure in a healthcare setting to patients with coronavirus disease (COVID-19). CDC website. Published March 7, 2020. Accessed April 20, 2020. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/guidance-risk-assesment-hcp.html
6. EUROIMMUN. Accessed April 20, 2020. https://www.coronavirus-diagnostics.com/faq.html