Prior to Your Visit
Remember to bring
- A test order (requisition or prescription) completed by your doctor or, if ordering your own lab tests through My Lab ReQuest, bring your completed My Lab ReQuest form. If your doctor did not give you paperwork, then it has already been sent to us.
- Your insurance card. We are contracted and in-network with most health plans.
- Plan to arrive a few minutes before your scheduled appointment time for completion of paperwork.
- Wear sleeves that roll up easily.
- Fasting may be required for lipids (cholesterol, triglycerides, HDL) and glucose tests.
- Fasting means don't eat any food or drink anything other than water before your blood collection. Continue taking all medication as prescribed and drink plenty of water.
- Fasting is generally 8-12 hours, however check with your doctor about requirements.
- Glucose tolerance tests may take up to 5 hours. Allow adequate time for your visit. For safety reasons, you are not allowed to leave the facility during the course of the collection for this testing.
- Plan ahead; children must be supervised while at our Patient Service Centers.
- Note that seating may be limited and is intended for patients only. Please limit the number of guests that accompany you.
- Patients with appointments will be seen as close to their appointment time as possible and within the 15-minute appointment window. Walk-in patients will be seen on a first-come, first-served basis while we serve patients with appointments.
- Follow any other instructions your doctor has given you.
Pay at Time of Service
Pay a discounted rate for many laboratory services when paying at the time of service.
Learn About Lab Tests
Get information about various types of laboratory tests for free, courtesy of Lab Tests Online®.